Sunday, June 05, 2005

"Cookies."

It was our first time back at church since vacation, and I wondered how Luxie would do in the nursery after an almost three week absence. She did really well, actually, and I asked her about it once we got home.

"Did you have fun at church today?"
"Yeah!"
"Did you get to see Miss Anne?"
"Yeah!"
"Did you play with lots of toys?"
"Yeah!"
"Does Miss Anne understand your words?" (Ive wondered if they understand what she says like we do...)
(stares at me in silence)
(I decided to rephrase the question...) "Does Miss Anne know what you are saying?"
(still stares at me in silence)
(I give it one more try...) "When you talk, does Miss Anne know your words?"
(another long pause....stares at me in silence...then answers)

"Cookies."


I guess Miss Anne understands that one!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

that is so funny :) Owen does signs and I always wonder in the vast amount of nursurys we visit if they are understanding him as he frantically signs what he wants :) Today I picked him up and the lady holding him said she gave him some goldfish and he kept giving the sign for more... so he had goldfish the whole time :) I was happy she knew what he was saying!

9:57 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

how funny. that girl keeps me smiling, I swear.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home